Friday, May 1, 2015

Was this the longest week ever??

I'm not sure why this week felt so long...  By Tuesday, I swear it felt like it should have been Friday!  Maybe it was so long because it was the first week in awhile in which I was at work every day!!  Between Spring Break, the 6th grade Camp Weaver trip, and then all those *unexpected* doctor appointments, there have been a lot of broken-up weeks!  Maybe it's also felt so long because now that the surgery date is set, I just have to wait for it to get here...

Tonight was the Huntersville/Cornelius Relay for Life event.  The Survivors & Caretakers Lap was scheduled to begin at 7:15.  Dane had a game today at 5:00, so I wasn't sure if we would make it on time, which bummed me out a little.  What happened, though, was pretty amazing...  Our Lady Eagles beat Highland Tech 9-0, and so the game ended early!!  We got there with 5 minutes to spare! We met up with Meredith and her family, we did our lap, and then started checking out the freebies!

Displaying CAM00782.jpg
Displaying CAM00784.jpg
        Displaying CAM00783.jpg


Out of the blue, Jake starts yelling, "Mom!  Mom!!  The soccer girls are here!"  And sure enough, coming down the stairs towards the track was the soccer team.  Absolutely blew me away.  Made me feel so special!

...Emma was pretty ticked off that she didn't make the picture...  She was somewhere getting her face painted!

While I was there, I saw an old friend from my days at Lake Norman Charter.  Valena volunteered and tutored kids there in the early days of the school.  She came in my classroom one or two days a week and helped work with small groups.  She is also a survivor, and we walked several laps comparing stories and catching up.  It was really great to see her again, and talk about all of our experiences.

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers!



1 comment:

  1. Jen, you have become my source of inspiration with the way you are holding your head up high and forging on with treatment for this nasty second round of breast cancer. If you didn't hear the opening speaker, he said repeat this mantra: "Plan for the worst; hope for the best; and live your bucket list each day!" Thank you for allowing me to share my story-we are now part of this exclusive club together. I am here for you with anything you need and, yes, am praying for you. You'll be back at working on your bucket list before you know it!

    Peace my friend,

    Valena

    ReplyDelete