Friday, May 29, 2015

School's Out!

A week ago today I came home from the hospital.  It seemed to take FOREVER for the surgery to finally get here, but the time after the surgery seems to be flying by.

I've been doing a little walking.  Walking is great.  It's great to get outside.  It's great to be off the couch.  I can walk a little faster than 3 mph, which is pretty slow, but I'm happy with that right now.

I still can't drive.  I can't lift anything that's over 5 pounds.  Reaching up is nearly impossible right now.  Brushing my hair and putting it up in a ponytail is a real accomplishment!  Pushing or pulling anything is a little painful too.

Today Dane drove me to school so that I could say goodbye to my 6th graders.  It was wonderful!  It was so fun to see everyone!!  We walked all around the campus to see as many people as we could.  It truly made me very happy.  Once we were on our way home, I realized how exhausted I was...  As soon as we got home, I made my little "nest" on the couch and took a good 1 1/2 hour nap!

I have loved the "meal train" that was set up--not only have we had some excellent meals, it's been so nice visiting with everyone who has come over!

My next doctor's appointment is not until June 9th, with our oncologist.  That's when we'll talk more about chemotherapy.  I really don't want to have to do chemo again, but if I do, I have a super fun pink wig that came in the mail the other day!!  I found it online at http://www.thepinkwig.com/.  You should check it out--I love the gal's story who started the organization.

So, all in all, things are good.  I'm feeling good, and I'm healing a little more each day.  Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment