Saturday, May 23, 2015

It's The Little Things...

I've been home for a little more than 24 hours, and it has been great.  First, we were treated to a wonderful spaghetti and meatball dinner!  Delicious!  My dad brought a huge bucket of freshly picked strawberries which were amazing!  Finally, I was able to sleep on the couch much more comfortably than I thought I would...of course I'm pretty sure the hydrocodone helped out with that!

This morning, Dane made some breakfast, and then we went for a short walk around the block.  It felt really nice to get outside.  The weather was beautiful.  I was able to do 2 laps, each lap being about 1/3 of a mile.  I was a little sore and felt a little nauseated when we were done, so I took a little nap (which makes everything better!)

Dane had to leave around 3:00 to pick up his team and head out to Union Academy.  My mom and mother-in-law came over to help out.  Emma and Dee created some foot scrub when my mom and I took another walk.  When we came home, Emma was ready to play "spa".  She gave my mom and mother-in-law a very nice foot massage with a salt & peppermint/strawberry scrub.  Fancy, eh?  I don't know that I'll let her touch my feet.  I'm liable to kick her right in the face, and I don't think that will go over very well...

I have so much more to write, but I'm two minutes away from my pain meds, and I'm definitely feeling it...  I will pick back up later.

Love you guys!

Jen


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are back home. I hope you continue to heal. Love your blog- I know that you don't like attention but you are amazing and an inspiration to everyone. Love you. Dianne

    ReplyDelete