Monday, May 4, 2015

Who's Knocking on My Door at 8:00 am on Sunday??



On Saturday, Dane told me that he set up an early Mother's Day breakfast for our family, my mom, and Dane's mom.  When he told me that I had to be ready at 8:00, I was truly stunned...  I didn't even know that there WAS an 8:00 am on Sunday...  Anyway, I grumbled all morning as I got ready.  Truly in disbelief that HE would plan something SO EARLY in the morning!

When the doorbell rang, I was confused...  neither of our parents ring the doorbell--they just walk on in.  I pulled back the curtain and there was a huge bouquet of flowers and 5 amazing women (and I think a couple of iPhones taking pictures of my confused face!).  I look at Dane.  I look back out the window.  Dane is smiling, and I now realize that I have been set up!

Stephanie, Leigh, Kara, Lisa, and my mom were all there to take me out for a surprise!  I was just supposed to grab my purse and get in the car!

About 40 minutes later, we arrived at the "Spa at Ballantyne Resort."  I was just so surprised and overwhelmed by it all!

I had an amazing massage.  It was soooooo relaxing.  When we were all done, we sat in the sauna for a few minutes and then lounged in our robes drinking cucumber water, snacking on granola bars, and chatting about all sorts of unimportant fun things!

After we all got dressed, we headed up to the restaurant for brunch.  Brunch was delicious--I got the chicken and waffles--odd, but delicious!

It was such a thoughtful, wonderful, fun day!  I don't even know where to begin to thank them all.  I feel very lucky to have such awesome women in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment