Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday Musings...

Feeling pretty good today.  Still have some aches in my hips and ankles, but it's better than it was this weekend or on Monday.  Everyday gets a little bit better, until the next chemo brings me back down.  I am continually grateful, however, that I usually get more than a full week of feeling good before my next round.  Today is September 1st, and within this month I will be completely done with chemo.  I cannot fully express how happy that makes me!!

A couple of weeks ago, my Aunt Carole and Uncle Jay celebrated their 50th anniversary, which is pretty amazing.  My Aunt Pati came in with her grandson, Riley, all the way from Washington.  I was super happy to see her, since it is not that often that we get to visit!!  Aunt Pati is also a breast cancer survivor, so we got to talk a little about that.  It's always nice to be able to talk with someone who has walked the same path as you.  Anyway, she gave me a pair of "bosom buddies" breast forms, which are pretty amazing.  I bought a new bra to put them in and wore them yesterday.  It was strangely odd having boobs again!  They looked quite real, and it was really nice to have a shirt fit properly again!

I am still going to my old folks/sick folks exercise classes.  I really do love them.  The other sick folks are super friendly, and the trainers and nurses there are wonderful.  It's like exercise and counseling!  Emma had to come one day last week, and she sat outside in the little lobby.  She said I must have been having fun, because she heard me laughing "like, every 2 minutes."  I always leave there feeling better than when I walked through the door...even when I'm feeling crummy from chemo.

Tomorrow I am going to a funeral.  A life taken way too soon.  It's a harsh reminder that life is short, and there is no guarantee that there will be a tomorrow.  It's important to remember that so that you will make the most of every day.  Don't let your day/week/lifetime be spent stressed out about unimportant things (and yes, the things we typically stress out about are almost all unimportant).  Make the choice to be happy.  Most importantly, tell the people who are important to you that you love them.  Do that one right now.  Call/text/email/visit someone and just tell them that you love them.  I'm gonna do it as soon as I publish this post.

Love you guys!  (This doesn't count...I'm gonna tell someone personally!)

Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment