Sunday, September 27, 2015

Chemo is officially over!

After a little over 3 months, I have finally completed all 8 rounds of chemo.  I'm not gonna lie, it's been tougher than I was really ready for.  It was so different from the first time I had to do all this.  But it doesn't matter anymore, because it's behind me!  And I got this pretty awesome certificate to boot!

So right now, Dane is at the Panther's game, and the kids are hanging out with friends for the day.  I am resting on the couch, watching Friends and going in and out of a nap.  I'm feeling ok--exhausted but not really in pain right now.  I'm hoping that the pain just doesn't come this last time around.  I am not going to work on Monday.  I'm going to give myself one more day to get my strength back.



So...now what?  Well, in 2 weeks, I meet with both my oncologist and plastic surgeon again.  With my oncologist, we will be talking about what type of hormone therapy I will need to do.  With my plastic surgeon, we need to talk about when we are going to be able to replace the busted tissue expander.

So there's still a lot to do, but honestly, I think that the worst is behind me.

I thank you all for all of your thoughts, prayers, and support!  I love you all!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment