Thursday, September 10, 2015

I'm Almost Done With Chemo!

Today was my 7th round of chemo.  Only one more to go after this one!  I cannot explain how happy this truly makes me!

I met with Dr. Kuo.  Let him know that my toes and the bottom of my feet are still a little "buzzy and numb" as well as the tips of two of my fingers on my right hand.  He asked if I was tripping or falling, and I told him that yes, I am tripping over my feet, however, this is not an unusual occurrence for me...  made him laugh a little.

Chemo went well...basically the same as the last two rounds.  They give me a bag of fluids, then the benedryl, and then I pass out.  At some point after that, they start the Taxol, but that part is all a little fuzzy.  Then, about an hour later, I start to get woken up by needing to pee due to all the fluids they're giving me...  I do that about 4 times.  Unplugging that IV pump and dragging it into the bathroom that many times gets a little old.  I've noticed that I am one of the only ones who seems to need to get up to pee, which is odd, because I can go all day in school and not go to the bathroom until 3:30...
Christy brought me to chemo today.  We chatted a little bit with the other patients who were in there.  When we left, she said, "You are seriously like the rock star in that room."  Made me feel pretty good.

Once chemo was over, the real fun began...  I am going to be one of 8 women featured in LKN Woman magazine in October, for breast cancer month...  So today I had to go to Mooresville for a photo shoot.  I am not kidding.  I was in a photo shoot.  I think she took 50-100 pictures...  WAY outside of my comfort zone!  She said that each of us would have a one-page spread.  Whoa.  Honestly, I have to admit that it was a little fun, but for those of you who really know me, you know that there was a part of me that felt completely ridiculous and wanted to run far, far away!!  So...look for it in October!

Tomorrow I go back for my Neulasta shot and then hopefully I will be able to make up my exercise class that I missed today because I was still so drugged up on benedryl.  I usually feel pretty good on Friday for the most part.  By the evening I start to go downhill...  Saturday and Sunday I am usually pretty achy (or in pain) and exhausted....  So I am likely signing off until Monday or Tuesday!

September 24 will be my last round of chemo.  I WILL be celebrating once it's over and I'm feeling well again.  I have not decided what I want to do yet...  any ideas??

Thank you all for your prayers, positive thoughts, meals, help driving my kids, etc...  I know that I would not be doing as well as I am without my amazing family and all of my amazing friends!!

Love you guys

1 comment:

  1. You are a "Rock Star" in our eyes too. You probably have all those people laughing and at ease. Your awesome attitude will kick cancer in the ass, so keep going strong Jen your almost done.

    ReplyDelete