Sunday, June 21, 2015

Turning the corner...

My first round of chemo was on Thursday.  I honestly can't remember at this very moment if I've already mentioned that in my blog...

It's all coming back to me...  It's odd really.  It's been over 7 years since I did chemo last, and although I felt like I remembered it all, I really didn't.  It's kind of like how a mom feels after giving birth to her first-born...  You remember that it was scary, painful, but amazing.  When the second baby comes, and you feel that first contraction, you realize that you've "dumbed-down" your original memories.

That's how I felt on Saturday.  My head hurt.  My muscles hurt.  My skin hurt.  I was fighting nausea all day long.  I needed to drink lots of fluids, but I really didn't want to.  Nothing tastes as good as I want it to.  I couldn't get comfortable.  I slept on and off all day.

Today got better and better as the day went on.  I felt less and less achy.  I was able to eat and drink a little more.  Hopefully tomorrow will be back to "normal-ish."

So, if I use this round as my blueprint, it looks like days 3 and 4 are the toughest.  July 2nd will be round #2.

In other news...tomorrow is my first "expansion" appointment with my plastic surgeon.  I have no idea what to expect...  I'm a little nervous.  Not sure if I should research anything tonight or not...

Ok...  time for a zofran and a diet dr. pepper (caffeine free).

G'night!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment