Monday, April 27, 2015

Let the Countdown Begin!

I got the call today...  My surgery date has been set!  May 20th is the lucky day.  I have to be there at 10 am, which probably means that the actual surgery won't start until 12 or 1 pm...  I need to make sure the docs and nurses have had a good lunch before they begin!

Tonight I went to the Huntersville Relay For Life survivor's dinner.  I took my mom, because Dane had senior night with his soccer girls.  It was a nice dinner--good lasagna, great salad, super yummy red velvet squares!

I saw a few old friends that I knew from my days at LNCS!  One of the ladies was part of the Relay for Life planning committee.  The other one is now a part of my club.  It's always nice to see old friends, I just wish the circumstances could be better!  One of my friends introduced me to another gal who's been through a mastectomy and reconstruction.  Her reconstruction was a different procedure than mine will be, but it's always good to talk to people who've been through it to find ways to cope with the roller coaster of emotions.

So let the countdown begin...  23 days.  I think I can, I think I can...

1 comment: